When you need a quick and easy-to-make drink recipe, try this delicious blackberry oat smoothie to get your body going.
Perfect to start your day or as a post-workout drink, Blackberry Oat Smoothie!
When I start my day, I love to include plenty of seasonal fruit and produce not only for their peak flavor but also for their health benefits. This oat smoothie drink is ideal to keep you going and keep you satisfied.
If you’re unable to find fresh blackberries, frozen berries work wonderfully. Not a fan of blackberries? Not a problem, this recipe is perfectly suited to substitute any of your favorite berries. It’s equally tasty using blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries.
What You’ll Need to Make this Oat Smoothie
- Blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- A little water
- Old-fashioned oats
- Greek style plain yogurt
- Oat milk (or almond milk)
- Honey (or agave)
- Ice (optional)
How to Make this Blackberry Oat Smoothie Recipe:
- In a blender, add the blackberries and blend until smooth, dividing mixture between two glasses.
- Rinse blender, then add remaining ingredients and blend. If using ice, you only need a small handful, and this will give you a thicker consistency.
- Pour the milk mixture into the glasses over the berry mixture. Garnish with frozen blackberries. Stir and enjoy straight away. If the smoothie sits for a bit, just blitz it for a few more seconds to bring it together again.
Tips and Tricks:
- During blackberry season, buy extra and freeze to enjoy the rest of the year.
- To make frozen blackberry garnishes, using fresh berries, simply thread a few onto the cocktails sticks, then freeze on a tray for a few hours. When the berries come out of the freezer, they will become all frosty and gorgeous.
- You can use frozen blackberries for this recipe instead of using ice, giving it a nice cold and thicker consistency without watering the flavor down.
- If you fancy other berries, simply substitute them for the blackberries and enjoy.
- You can substitute your favorite milk for the oat milk.
Other Tasty Recipes to Try:
How to Make this Berry Oat Smoothie
Easy to make and a great way to start your day or as a post workout pick-me-up, Blackberry Oat Smoothie.
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen blackberies
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 1 3/4 cup oat milk
- 2 - 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 - 1 cup ice (optional)
- In a blender, add the blackberries and puree, dividing between 2 glasses.
- Clean out the blender, then add remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth.
- Pour over the blackberry puree, garnish with blackberries if desired, and enjoy.
You can substitute strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries for the blackberries if desired (fresh or frozen).
You can substitute any milk you prefer for the oat milk.
To lighten up the calories, you can use non-fat or low-fat plain yogurt.
Vanilla yogurt tastes amazing as well in this recipe.
You can substitute agave for the honey or sweeten with your favorite sweetener.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 5gSugar: 48gProtein: 11g